Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Assistant Property Manager
Seattle, WA 98102 United States
Management - Onsite
A wholly owned subsidiary of RD Merrill Company, Pillar Properties is in the midst of building a 1600 plus unit apartment portfolio in the Puget Sound region. We are searching for an exceptional Assistant Property Manager to add to our team of quality professionals.
Pillar Properties develops, owns and manages apartment residences that express the unique personality and vitality of Seattle’s signature neighborhoods. We understand the character of the area, and work hard to bring that energy into the spaces we design. Our goal is to design environments that embrace the neighborhood and create an iconic presence in the area. With Pillar, you can expect a quietly awesome experience at every level.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible to assist with all operational and financial aspects of an assigned property. Working with a team consisting of Property Manager, Leasing Agents, and Maintenance Staff, the Assistant PM will work toward goals that optimize performance of the property in areas such as personnel management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance revenue enhancement, capital improvements, information reporting and compliance with all company policies.
You will be the face of customer service to our residents, and will have day-to-day responsibility and oversight for varied activities such as risk management, safety and security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, and operations. You will use financial tools such as operating income/expense budgets and capital, cash flow requirements and leasing strategy to complete day-to-day activities, and achieve Pillar Properties goals.
Education, training, experience:
You are an excellent candidate for this opportunity if you have:
• Experience as an Assistant Property Manager, Property Manager or Leasing Agent/Manager. Must have knowledge of commercial real estate including a basic understanding of finance, leasing, legal, marketing, construction, and the tenant relations requirements of managing a mixed-use property.
• PC literacy (spreadsheets). Experience with YARDI is highly preferred.
• The ability to assist in developing budgets and operating forecasts. May assist in determining causes for deviations from financial plan and may provide recommendations to the Property Manager on needed action plans.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills. You must present ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner.
• A positive, innovative approach to problem solving.
• The ability to exercise judgment and discretion is critical to success. Must professionally set priorities and cope with competing demands.
• The ability to work independently. Must be able to take on the role of acting Property Manager when the Property Manager is not present. Must also have the ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
• Excellent time-management and general organization skills.
• The ability to work a flexible schedule with regular and timely attendance.
• Obtained a college degree or equivalent working experience (4 years property management experience is preferred).
Does this sound like the kind of opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Then we want to talk to you! Pillar Properties is an equal opportunity employer.
Terms & Conditions